Sunday, February 25, 2007

Updated Blogger settings solved

It's taken a while, but I've finally updated my blogger account to a new template. After doing that and updating Qumana, I thought I had it all worked out for posting there.

No joy at first, but then I remembered that my blog was now part of my Google account. When I started it a year or so ago, it was separate, as a part of Blogger.

Silly me.

So I checked the address, but still couldn't post. With a bit more hunting and pecking around I figured it out. I was still trying to use the old password for my original Blogger account. Duh. A quick entry with my Google info and all was fine.

Sure is getting hard to keep up with all the sign in/sign out transitions. Hopefully someone will figure out someway to have one identity for the web.

Powered by Qumana

Multiple computers are time consuming

I wanted to find some information about courses in journalism schools. Once the laptop booted up I ran into a snag - my tool bars were missing critical buttons that I use every day on my desktop. I guess I hadn't got around to installing them on my less-used laptop. Bummer.

Oh well, off to collect the Google toolbars for IE and Firefox. Then around to find the various buttons for gmail, reader, and blog subscriptions. Add in a trip to for their tool bar buttons, a check through gmail and the reader, and a couple of hours had passed. Sigh.

Now, what was it I started to do...